SAVE THE DATE: 25 February 2021
The webinar will take place on Thursday 25 February 2021, at 'high noon' via Zoom.
Please click on 'Get tickets' to register.
As house prices continue to shoot ever-upwards and out of reach for many, a research paper funded and published by The Property Foundation and authored by Professor Graham Squires of Massey University - The use of housing charges to fund and finance bulk infrastructure: Is this what innovation looks like? - suggests that there is room for long-term private housing charges to finance infrastructure and help mitigate New Zealand’s affordable housing crisis.
Our next event on 25 February 2021 will be a Zoom debate based on the paper, asking four key questions of a top-tier panel of funders, regulators and infrastructure providers:
- Does a longer-term private housing charge for infrastructure help mitigate the affordable housing problem?
- Does financing bulk road and water infrastructure on Greenfields negate the opportunity for a more integrated transport low-carbon future?
- Is there an emerging inequity if we only fund infrastructure projects that can finance through growth?
- Is the future of financing public goods a devolution model that takes borrowing off the public balance sheet
Panel members for this event will be announced in January.
Prof Graham Squires (Massey University, CEO of The Property Foundation) will host the webinar.
REGISTER AND ASK QUESTIONS:
- Prior to the webinar, registered participants can put questions to the presenters; these questions will help shape their presentations.
- During the webinar, you will also be able to submit written questions.
ZOOM LINK: You will receive this when you register. Hope to see you there