SAVE THE DATE: 25 February 2021
The webinar will take place on Thursday 25 February 2021, at 'high noon' via Zoom.
Please click on 'Get tickets' to register.
Following the publication of a research paper funded and published by The Property Foundation and authored by Professor Graham Squires of Massey University - The use of housing charges to fund and finance bulk infrastructure: Is this what innovation looks like? - The Property Foundation will host a Zoom debate so you can hear - and question - a highly regarded panel of speakers from The Treasury, Infrastructure New Zealand, BNZ, Crown Infrastructure Partners, ACC and the Productivity Commission on this topic.
Four key questions will get the debate going:
- Will a longer-term private housing charge for infrastructure help mitigate the affordable housing problem?
- Does financing bulk road and water infrastructure on greenfield land negate the opportunity for a more integrated transport low-carbon future?
- Is there an emerging inequity if we only fund infrastructure projects that we can finance through growth?
- Is the future of financing public goods a devolution model that takes borrowing off the public balance sheet?
Professor Squires will host the webinar and facilitate the discussion.
Speakers confirmed from the following institutions:
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Bank of New Zealand
- Crown Infrastructure Partners
- Infrastructure New Zealand
- Massey University
- The Treasury
REGISTER AND ASK QUESTIONS:
- Prior to the webinar, registered participants can put questions to the presenters; these questions will help shape their presentations.
- During the webinar, you will also be able to submit written questions.
ZOOM LINK: You will receive this when you register. Hope to see you there